Wednesday 30 November 2016

Liverbird Exhibition.

Some of you may recognise my Union Jack quilt.

Gwen's fab colouring book flowers Quilt

Two delightful member's of Liverbirds Marge And Michelle admiring all our handy work.

Sue Cogans amazing block of the month quilt.

Waterloo quilters signature quilt sporting iconic images so recognisable to Liverpool.

A row of some of the beautiful quilts on display.

Janet Keenan's awesome stripy log cabin quilt.
On Sunday 20th November we (the Liverbirds) held our second quilt exhibition at Sefton Palm House and once again it was a great day.  It was a bitterly cold day but the rain held off, despite the weather we had lots of visitors who oohed and arred over the quilts.  I have to say sorry to the people who's quilts I did not manage to take a photo of I was kept busy answering lots of questions and showing people around and the time flew by.  We are only a small group who meet every other Wednesday evening in West Derby for a bit of a natter and maybe a little bit of sewing gets done. I adore my Liverbirds family my life would be incomplete without them, I am truly blessed but I need to say a big thank you to Janet and Sue who organised this event which was a great success and I have already started making a quilt that I hope to exhibit at our next Palm house Exhibition in another few years.

3 comments:

Joan Mc said...

I was hoping you would post some pictures of the exhibition as I knew that I couldnot make it.I;m glad you had a good time. I did recognise one or two of them!! I do think it's nice to see them on the stamds. Love Joan

Leanne said...

Hi Susan, the quilts are beautiful. You all should be so proud of your work. xx

Lin said...

Great exhibition. What a lot of beautiful quilts there and what a stunning venue. xx